Pattern Review - Wear Lemonade, Simona Blouse


Hey Sewers!

In this weeks post I am reviewing the Wear Lemonade, Simona Blouse which I have made in a classic William Morris 'strawberry thief' cotton from John Lewis.This is the first wear lemonade pattern I have sewn and it won't be the last! Their website is really colourful and inspiring with lots of great photos of all their garments made up in funky fabrics (They also sell their fabrics if your purse can stretch that far!). Their patterns are contemporary with interesting details that make them stand out. I was drawn to this pattern over other pussy bow blouses because the bow has more structure and the pleat in the back


This pattern is actually quite a simple design which is why I paired it with this busy fabric. I knew I would need to pattern match so I didn't want to create too much of a challenge for myself. The only draw back I would say about this pattern is that it's French meaning that even though it is translated to English sometimes it's not 100% accurate. For instance, this pattern uses French seams throughout and occasionally the instruction would be written the wrong way around so sewing the seam right sides together first, which would actually end up inside out. The instructions have lots of colour photos for each step but I still found some of them difficult to really see what was happening.Luckily there's a video on their website which you can follow along to in case anything is confusing. 



The fabric is a medium weight cotton which has a brushed texture. I think it might have been slightly too heavy for this pattern as it gives the blouse a boxy shape but I don't mind that. The buttons are coconut which I bought when I went to the Knitting & Stitching show from Italian Buttons.I like how they pull out the beige tones in the print and because they're a natural material I think they suit the theme as well.


I would recommend this pattern to intermediate sewers due to the collar and cuffs. It needs a bit of time to make and careful attention to detail so that all the parts fit together smoothly.


Happy sewing!!

Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review - Tessuti Fabrics, Felicia Pinafore Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, Trapeze Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, The Dress Shirt