Pattern Review - Tilly and the Buttons, Francoise

Hey Sewers!

I'm really excited to share my latest make with you, it's the Tilly and the Buttons Francoise dress. What really inspired me to make this dress was the fabric, I recently found that you can purchase vintage textiles from Oxfam's website. So without a project in mind I bought a 1960's floral curtain, a wool bed sheet and a William Morris curtain. I had seen other people using vintage fabrics to make this dress so I thought this floral curtain would be the perfect match.



As I've said before this pattern is exactly what you can expect from a TATB pattern, very simple instructions with plenty of photos. Slightly more advanced than the Cleo pattern as you need to fit an invisible zip, bias binding and darts.I did not make any fitting alterations other than rather than using the pattern piece for the bias binding I bought some normal bias binding as the fabric I was using would be too bulky and fraying to make a good binding. I was also quite limited by how much fabric I had and as a result I could not match the pattern across the seams.

The dress came out exactly how I imagined and I would not make any changes if I were to make it again.I love the fit and length which perfectly emulates that vintage vibe and the button tab adds a little bit of detail to an otherwise plain style. I would recommend this to a friend and think it would be suitable to a beginner looking to expand their skills.

Happy Sewing!

Liz

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review - Tessuti Fabrics, Felicia Pinafore Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, Trapeze Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, The Dress Shirt