Pattern Review - Tilly and the Buttons, Cleo

Hey Everyone!
This week I bring you my latest make which probably anyone who sews has either made or is planning to make. It's the Tilly and the Buttons Cleo pinafore dress. I used a super soft pink corduroy from Walthamstow Market.
Practical things first - as with all of TATB patterns the instructions were super clear with plenty of photos showing each step. It also gives tips and explains why you do certain steps which has helped me when sewing other garments. I did not make any fitting alterations at all but I did make sure that I bought the hemline buckles as I have previously used the Prym ones and found the buckles tend to come undone too easily. I also bought Gutermann top-stitching thread as I wanted to make a statement with the top-stitching.
I have seen many different versions of this dress so I knew exactly what to expect and it turned out precisely as I imagined it would. It is a simple design which makes it easy to layer with many different tops and jumpers making it perfect for autumn. It has a fun relaxed vibe and it is extremely comfortable, fitting smoothly in just the right places. I would definitely recommend this pattern to others and it is certainly suitable for beginners as it doesn't have any technical aspects.
 The only tricky part about this pattern was easing the facing around the top edge but so long as you're patient and use plenty of pins it goes in easily.


Happy sewing!
Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review - Tessuti Fabrics, Felicia Pinafore Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, Trapeze Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, The Dress Shirt