Named, Gemma Sweater

The Gemma sweater/dress pattern by Named has been sitting in my stash for at least year and I had every intention of using it to recreate the dress on the envelope but the velvet I bought was defected with the pile going every which way so those plans went out the window. It wasn’t until I was watching an interior design show on Netflix (as we all are some point during Lockdown) that I saw one of the contestants wearing a blue and red sweater dress that it got me thinking! ‘I have a pattern that would work for that!’

This pattern is perfect for colour blocking because it already consists of different blocks you have to piece together. The pattern came together really quickly, I whipped this up in an afternoon. The only thing you need to watch out for, especially when colour blocking, is to align the seams accurately. I think it was actually easier having it made up in different colours so I could see what was what but the instructions and diagrams are really clear anyway. The fit is also just right, fitted in the correct places with an oversized aesthetic.

I made mine up in sweater knit fabric from Minerva Crafts. I chose to add cuffs and a hem band rather than the drawstring because I just prefer that look. I didn’t purchase any ribbing as it’s almost impossible to colour match correctly when purchasing online but my main fabric wasn’t very stretchy meaning I had to gather the sleeves onto the cuffs but I don’t think this affects the overall look.

I’m really enjoying the slightly 80s ski jumper look this jumper really reminds me of. It’s perfect for throwing on after a workout or just with leggings around the house.




Comments

  1. The quality is exceptional; these sweaters are a long-lasting investment in both style and coziness.
    Sweaters

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review - Tessuti Fabrics, Felicia Pinafore Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, Trapeze Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, The Dress Shirt