My Capsule Wardrobe, Wiggle Skirt William Morris Edition

 


I’ve actually made something not from fabric bought from New Craft House! This is the same wiggle skirt pattern I used in my last post but this time made up in a William Morris cotton curtain which I bought from Oxfam Online. The print is called ‘Blackthorn’.

For this version it was essential that I considered the placement of the pattern and pattern matched across seams where possible. This particular WM fabric has quite a distinct pattern repeat with a clear line where the centre is so I took this to be my centre front and back. I didn’t worry about pattern matching the side seams because they are curved and won’t match anyway and also I knew I’d probably have to make some fitting adjustments.  


I did the same adjustments on this version as the previous one, bringing in the side seams at the hip and tapering down to give a wiggle shape. The only difference with this version being how I inserted this zip. I was concerned this fabric could look a little frumpy so I wanted to have a bold gold exposed zip to give it a modern twist. I’ve never used this technique before and the instructions in the book are for if you don’t have a seam where the zip is so I used this tutorial on the Megan Nielson blog which was really easy to follow.

Really happy with the final look, it could be dressed up or down depending on the shoes or accessories I pair it with. It’s comfortable to wear with just the right amount of ease in the hip and waist.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review - Tessuti Fabrics, Felicia Pinafore Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, Trapeze Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, The Dress Shirt