Made Label, Frankie Wrap Skirt

 


This make came up a little bit by chance as I was planning on using the Mind the Maker fabric which I picked up from Sew Me Sunshine to make a wrap skirt but I hadn’t yet decided which pattern and others I’d seen looked like they’d be too long on me. Until I saw an advert for this new pattern company – Made Label offering a free wrap skirt pattern which fit the bill completely!

So I went ahead and downloaded, printed and assembled the pattern. Which was really easy to do, the colours and bold lines made it really easy to assemble and each pattern piece is assembled separately so you don’t need to worry about creating a giant pattern sheet that won’t even fit on your floor! Each size is a separate PDF as well so you don’t get confusing merging lines or have to worry about constantly checking the key for your size.

Really simple pattern with only 6 pattern pieces and because it’s a wrap there’s no need to worry about any closures or fit issues. There are no written instructions but there is a video tutorial that’s easy to follow. Although, I think some written instructions would be helpful because sometimes the video would go back to the beginning so I wasted a fair bit of time clicking through the video.

Fabric was a dream to work with, it has a lovely drape and a nice weight to it which suits this pattern wonderfully. I made sure to use a fresh universal needle for this project because I know that viscose has a tendency for the fibres to get pulled as you stitch creating these unsightly white lines in the pattern. There are French seams throughout meaning every seam must be sewn twice which takes some time but it's still a quick make and it gives it a really neat finish.

No fit issues whatsoever, it's a wrap! The length was perfect for my height which is 5'4". It'll be a great transitional piece to wear all year round, dress it up with patent ankle boots or dress it down with sandles. It's a free pattern so what have you got to loose? :)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review - Tessuti Fabrics, Felicia Pinafore Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, Trapeze Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, The Dress Shirt