My Latest Make - Fibre Mood, Lola Blouse


As I said in my previous review there were a few things I wanted to make from the summer Fibre Mood magazine and the Lola top is my second make. I had some funky patterned cotton in my stash (I really can’t remember where I bought this from, it’s been in my stash for months!) which I thought would give this top quite a quirky look. Then to push it more into that funky, modern style I added fluorescent piping to the yoke seam which I bought from Sister Mintaka.

Like in my previous review there are a lot of things to consider when using a Fibre Mood pattern but I was prepared this time so the process was less stressful!

It was a quick make which I pulled together in one day, the tricky parts were attaching the gathered frill and then attaching this to the rest of the shirt but if you take your time it’s fine.

My favourite part of this make is the back, the gathered part sits really nicely against the back and adds some interest. I think I would have preferred the yoke to sit lower down as I have a larger bust so I’m not sure this shape suits me and the darts are too high. If I were to make this again then I would lower the yoke and the darts and also flare out the bottom more as it feels quite close.

Now that we’re drawing closer to autumn I’m trying to finish up the last of my summer makes, the weather has been so changeable this last month but it’s still too warm to even consider autumn/winter makes just yet!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review - Tessuti Fabrics, Felicia Pinafore Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, Trapeze Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, The Dress Shirt