Pattern Review - Sew Over It, Molly Top

Hey Everyone,

Welcome back to my blog, this week I am continuing with my makes from my time off work - I got a lot done! Another quick make, it's the Molly top from Lisa Comforts eBook 'My Capsule Wardrobe - City Break'. This is my second make from the book, the first being the Mia Jeans - seen below.


I really like the dropped shoulder seam and the slightly longer length makes it really flattering and easy to wear with jeans. I chose to make it in a drapey jersey I bought from Montreux Fabrics at the Knitting and Stitching Show earlier in the year.


The pattern is a PDF and has easy assembly - I often assemble my patterns in front of the TV because you need a lot of floor space to sprawl out on. 

Jersey tops are probably the simplest of things you can make because you do not need to worry about fit too much, there's often no darts or closures to worry about and you don't even have to finish the seams if you don't want - I always do though because I feel it gives a more finished look. I made this top in an hour although I did make one mistake which I am yet to fix...I accidentally put the neckband on back to front so the seam is at the front - woops! I did pattern match though so you can't actually tell. I might go back and fix it one day.

Worn here with the Sew Over It - Mia Jeans

I didn't actually follow the instructions for this pattern, I've made a lot of jersey tops so I know how I like to assemble them now. I did, however, follow Lauren Guthrie's tutorial on how to fit the neckband as this is the area I struggle with most.


The top is a staple piece and could be made in many different prints and colours to create different looks. I would recommend this to beginners, I know jersey is something beginners shy away from but it really is not a tough substrate to work with. Just make sure you're using a round needle and a zig zag stitch and you'll be fine!

Happy Sewing!

Liz

Comments

  1. A fab looking top. Love the pink and white stripes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review - Tessuti Fabrics, Felicia Pinafore Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, Trapeze Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, The Dress Shirt