Closet Case Patterns - Carolyn Pyjamas


I’ve been meaning to write this review for a little while now but just haven’t been in the mood, to be quite honest! That’s the thing with lockdown sometimes you’ve just got to do what you want to do and if that means sitting watching pointless silly videos on YouTube then that’s okay!

I finished this make a few weeks ago and it took me a couple weeks to complete it because it has some advanced techniques which I wanted to take my time over. This is not beginner friendly pattern, there’s the collar and lapel, fly front and the piping which I’ve never tried before and I’m pretty happy with the end result!


I saw this fabric online from Fabrics Galore and being a Pug owner myself I thought it was so ridiculous I had to get it and there was no other garment this could have been more appropriate for than a pair of pyjamas. I’d been eyeing up the Carolyn pattern for a little while and I didn’t own a nice pair of pyjamas, they’re all just old t shirts and some sets my mum bought me from Primark. I opted for the short sleeve shirt and shorts option because of this hot weather we’ve been having and also because of the pattern matching I would not have had enough fabric.



Pattern matched shorts pocket

The print has a small repeat so the pattern matching was relatively simple but it just took a while because of all the cuffs! So chuffed I didn’t end up with any headless Pug astronauts! I bought all of my notions from Minerva Crafts.

The pattern itself was well explained with clear diagrams and easy to follow even with the more advanced parts. I didn’t make any fit adjustments, it has the perfect amount of ease to sleep comfortably and the shorts were the perfect length for me. These pyjamas look really professional but thanks to the clear instructions you do not need to be a professional seamstress to achieve this.

I would definitely make more of these, perhaps in a brushed cotton tartan for winter or a luxurious silk to slink about in. So many options!  

 Now for the obligatory photoshoot with Zeus :)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review - Tessuti Fabrics, Felicia Pinafore Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, Trapeze Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, The Dress Shirt