A Little About Me

Hi Sewers,

Welcome to my blog and my first blog post!

I am sure I will look back on this in a few years time and laugh about how clueless I was but we have to start somewhere don't we!

I thought I would kick off by writing a little about me and why I decided to start my blog and my journey into sewing.

It's difficult to pinpoint the exact point in time when I started sewing but from a child I was always making things and wanting to dress up my Barbie dolls. It wasn't until I was a teenager that I started to take it more seriously. At the time I thought that it would be considered cheating to use a sewing pattern and I wouldn't feel like I had truly made the clothes myself - it's a different story now! So without any knowledge of seam allowance or darts I started to draft my own patterns, it's fair to say this was not very successful!

Nowadays I leave the pattern drafting to the experts and have built myself a large collection of paper patterns both vintage, modern and indie. I decided to start the blog so that I could share my creations with the world and to keep a record of the things that I make. The things I make are generally inspired by what I see on the high-street, in magazines and on Pinterest.

Here's a brief selection of my previous makes:

 Tilly & The Buttons - Mila Dungarees and vintage women's shirt in a Liberty Tana Lawn (Also my cheeky pug Zeus getting involved!)
 Self drafted skirt with a Megan Nielsen Rowan jersey turtle neck
Burda tailored coat in herringbone wool (velvet under collar) & Nina Lee Kew dress in bottle green corduroy with another Megan Nielsen Rowan jersey top

Happy Sewing!

Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review - Tessuti Fabrics, Felicia Pinafore Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, Trapeze Dress

Pattern Review - Merchant & Mills, The Dress Shirt